Today I got “Ruby on Rails”:http://www.rubyonrails.com/ working with mysql (version mysql-standard-4.1.13-apple-darwin8.1.0-powerpc from the “mysql.com”:http://www.mysql.com). I got it to compile yesterday, but when I tried to run typo I got the following error:
dyld: NSLinkModule() error dyld: Symbol not found: _sprintf$LDBLStub Referenced from: /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.0/mysql.bundle Expected in: flat namespace Trace/BPT trap
I found this “blog”:http://www.pjhyett.com/articles/2005/06/04/setting-up-ror-in-tiger about setting up mysql and ruby. After reading the comments, I saw that someone recommended that you download the latest version of “mysql/ruby”:http://www.tmtm.org/en/mysql/ruby/ and compile it using gcc 4.0 on the Mac. Once I did that, it worked. I only had to jump through a few hoops to get it to work.